Moving to Los Angeles can be a challenge. You have to decide who to hire, where you want your stuff delivered, and how much time it will take for everything to wrap up. As if the physical aspect isn’t stressful enough already, you also want to ensure that you stay within budget. If you’re looking for ways to make this entire process easier and less expensive, then you’re in luck. This guide will teach you how to move efficiently, plus a quick rundown of some of the best movers in the city.
Best LA Movers for 2021
In a city as massive as LA, it’s not that hard to look for moving companies. What’s challenging is finding a reliable one at an affordable price. In light of this, here are some of the top-rated movers of 2021 that Californians trust with their belongings:
- North Star Movers: When it comes to customer service and efficiency, nothing can beat these guys. They know how to pack all sorts of stuff, load your furniture safely, and complete your move as soon as possible.
- Imperial Moving & Storage: Imperial Moving & Storage has locations in both NYC and LA, making it a great choice for cross-country moves. They’re widely known for offering competitive prices along with comprehensive moving services and remarkable customer support.
- Pure Moving & Storage: Whether you’re relocating long-distance or just within the hood, Pure Moving has got you covered. They offer every known moving service and are favored by locals for thoroughly listening to their customers’ demands and exceed their expectations.
- Adept Moving & Storage: Just like its name suggests, Adept Moving are masters in getting the job done. You can trust them for their transparency and their affordable price tags that don’t compromise the quality of their services.
How Much Does It Cost to Move Locally in LA?
Statistics can be pretty confusing with different movers charging different prices. But still, if you take all the numbers into account, the average local moving cost in Los Angeles is about $750 in 2021. It’s all because of the rising living costs not only in LA but throughout the entire Golden State itself.
The Benefits of Hiring Movers
Many people take a hard pass on movers, thinking they can save more money by moving independently. But this isn’t always the case. Movers are trained professionals who know how to facilitate your move seamlessly, especially in a bustling city like Los Angeles. Here are some benefits of hiring a moving company below.
Movers Provide Convenience
Convenience is one of the primary reasons to hire movers. They have the knowledge, skills, and experience to complete the operation without trouble. They know how to pack heavy items, load a truck properly, and carry your belongings to your new home without damaging them. This saves you considerable amounts of effort and allows you to focus on more important things.
Help Avoid Injuries and Accidents
Heavy lifting without experience can be dangerous without proper training and adequate experience. You might end up in the hospital with a sprained ankle or broken back if you try to do things yourself. Plus, you’ll have to pay extra on medical bills.
That said, movers know the correct way to pack, move furniture, and load them to the trucks. They also have the necessary equipment necessary for these tasks, such as dollies, ramps, and straps. So basically, you also get to save money from buying these tools yourself.
Another major advantage to hiring movers is peace of mind. You can be confident that they will work carefully because the government obliges them to take responsibility for your stuff. However, aside from the basic liability coverage, you might want to get another insurance for an extra layer of protection if you’re moving expensive appliances and furniture. This is an assurance you get from a hired company, but not when you hire to do it yourself.
After doing their job for many years, movers have etched the basics of the moving process into memory. They know the fastest and most efficient ways to get things done. More importantly, they can easily troubleshoot issues that they’ve probably encountered several times in their line of work already.
Finding the Right Moving Company
The first step to a successful move is finding good movers. While the companies in LA offer the same services, not all of them can be trusted with your belongings. Instead of going for the cheapest or most expensive option, try to find a middle-ground that matches up with your needs and budget.
Here are additional ways to make a decision you won’t regret:
- Get multiple moving quotes. Never settle for the first offer on the table. Take some time to do a bit of research. Compare quotes from two or more providers. This will give you an idea of which company offers the best rates without going over your budget.
- Read reviews. For your potential company, the experience of other people with them will be your experience too. Reading reviews from previous customers gives you an idea of how the company operates.
- Last and most importantly, check if your movers are licensed and insured. Rogue movers are everywhere, waiting for an opportunity to rip your wallet. Protect yourself by checking if your potential movers are registered with the FMCSA and other legitimate organizations like the Better Business Bureau and American Moving and Storage Association.